EFFECTIVE DATE: April 28, 2023
If you do not agree with any term in this Policy, please do not use the Sites or provide any information to us.
1. Information We Collect About You
Dentologie collects and stores some or all of the following categories of personal information about you, depending on the Services used:
· Identifiers and patient or contact information, including your name, mailing addresses, phone numbers, and email addresses.
· Audio, visual, or similar information, including photographs and videos submitted, captured, or sent through the Services, and video chat session information.
· Device, Internet, or other network activity information, including an IP address, device identifiers, session IDs, and information about the device, platform, monitor, operating system, and browser you are using. We look at what site you came from and what site you visit when you leave our Services. We also look at how you use our Services, including how often and when you visit, how much time you spend using the Services, the areas of our Services you use the most, the pages you visit, the content you view, and your language preferences. On certain Services, we use tracking tools to look at mouse movements, clicks, keystrokes, data or text entered, and the pages you visit.
· Demographic information, including your age, gender, and birthdate.
· Location information, including your general location, using your ZIP code and IP address, or other information you provide to us.
· Other information you submit or send, including information you provide when you contact us, make a request, complete a survey, or ask us for information about specific Service offerings and solutions.
· Inferences we may draw about you, such as your interests, your preferences, and your characteristics using the pieces of personal information collected about you.
· Health information (including protected health information), such as information about you, including demographic information, that may identify you and that relates to your past, present or future physical or mental health or condition and related health care services, or information related to booking your appointment. To learn more about how we may use or disclose your health information (including protected health information), please see our HIPAA Policy.
2. How We Collect Information About You
Dentologie collects each of the categories of information described above from the following sources, depending on how you interact with us and the Services used:
We collect information directly from you. We ask you to submit information in certain instances, such as when you book an appointment, submit comments or questions, request information, participate in a promotion, contest or sweepstakes, or use other features or functions of the Services.
We collect information from you and your devices passively. We use tracking tools like browser cookies, web beacons, pixels, and tags. We do this when you interact with our Services, our ads, and emails that we send to you. We collect information about users over time and across sites when you use our Services. We may have third parties collect information this way. For example, we may use Google Analytics. Learn more about these tools and how you can control them in the “Your Choices” section, below.
We receive information about you from other companies. Our vendors and service providers give us information about you. Social media platforms may also give us information about you.
We combine information. We may combine information collected online with information collected offline. We may combine information that we get from another party with information we already have. We may also aggregate your information with other users’ information to understand preferences and trends over time.
3. How We Use The Information We Collect About You
Dentologie uses each of the categories of personal information described above as permitted by law and for the purposes listed below:
To provide you with the Services. We use your information to help you book an appointment, pay for services or otherwise serve your dental needs. We also use information to maintain our operations and the Services, including the content or information in them. This includes administering our systems, debugging, and troubleshooting.
To communicate with you. We use your information to respond to or facilitate your requests and questions. We use your information to respond to your feedback. We may use your information to communicate with your dental provider or your insurance provider on your behalf, about available benefits, claims, approvals and payment. We may also communicate with you about the Services, our relationship, this Policy, or our Terms, or to provide you with notices about your membership, including expiration and renewal notices.
To evaluate and improve our Services. We use your information to analyze how our Services are used and whether users are interacting with or interested in certain features or areas. We also use information for statistical, demographic, and marketing analyses. We measure and monitor user traffic to evaluate how the Services perform. We use information this way to understand how users interact with our Services, to make our Services better, or to make updates.
For marketing. We use your contact information to provide you with communications about new features, improvements, and updates. We may send editorial content, industry education, invitations to upcoming events, and other similar information. Learn more about your choices for these communications in Section 5, “Your Choices”, below.
For targeted advertising and interest-based ads. We and our third-party advertising partners display targeted advertising, cross-context behavioral advertising, and interest-based advertising using information from cookies and tracking tools and inferences gathered about you over time and across websites, apps, or other platforms. Targeted advertising includes ads we and our partners think are relevant based on your browsing habits or online activities. The ads can be about our Services or other companies’ products and services. These ads can be served on websites, in apps, and in emails. We and our third-party partners gather this information about you from the cookies, pixels, tags, web beacons, and other tracking tools described in this Policy. Our third-party partners might link your name or email address to other information they collect. Learn more about these third parties in Section 4, “How We Share Your Information”, below. Sharing your information in connection with these advertising activities may be considered a “sale” or “sharing” as defined under certain privacy laws. Learn more about your choices for this kind of advertising in Section 5, “Your Choices”, below.
For security purposes. We use information to detect, investigate, and prevent activities that may violate our policies or Terms, or that may be harmful or illegal.
· For purposes we disclose when your information is collected, or for other purposes with your consent, including when you enter a contest or sweepstakes or for other purposes that we describe to you when we obtain your consent.
We also use information as otherwise permitted by law; for other purposes we describe at the time we collect your information; or for other purposes with your consent. We use sensitive personal information for reasonably expected purposes to provide you with Services, in connection with your requests, and as authorized by law. We may use de-identified or aggregated data for any purpose, unless prohibited by law. We do not attempt to re-identify de-identified data, except as permitted or required by law.
4. How We Share Your Information
We may share each of the categories of personal information described above with the following other entities:
· Within the Dentologie corporate family, including our subsidiaries and affiliates.
· With our vendors and service providers, including companies that help us send emails and notifications, manage content, host our Services, provide security or customer service, and assist with IT support. We share information with these entities to deliver requested information, to provide our Services to you, and to fulfill our contractual obligations. For example, we may store some of your information on servers that are owned and operated by our hosting services provider.
· With your dental provider, insurance companies, and other business partners. We share information with your insurance company to provide the Services and complete the necessary billing, or with our business partner (like Invisalign) for certain Services. You may tell us to share your information with a third party business partner because you are interested in hearing from them about their products or services.
· With advertising partners for their marketing purposes. We share information with third-party advertising partners though tracking tools on our websites. We may also share email addresses or other contact information with third-party partners so they can serve our advertising on their platform. These third-party partners include social media platforms, analytics companies, data brokers, and third-party advertisers. Personal information received by these companies may also be subject to their privacy policies. These third parties may also share your information with others. These third parties may use the information for their own marketing purposes or the marketing purposes of others. This may include the delivery of targeted advertising and cross-context behavioral advertising.
· To protect Dentologie or other persons, or to meet our legal obligations, including sharing with government agencies, investigatory bodies, medical or insurance entities, and with law enforcement or authorities in response to requests or to cooperate with investigations. We will share information to respond to a court order or legal process, including to a subpoena, and in connection with security, fraud, or safety matters, to investigate illegal activities, to enforce contractual rights, or to defend or pursue legal claims.
· To any successor to all or part of our business, including if Dentologie sells, transfers, merges, consolidates, reorganizes all or any part of its business or assets, or if Dentologie merges with, acquires, or forms a joint venture with any other business. Information may be among the assets transferred to a prospective buyer, new owner, or other third party involved.
We may also share information for other reasons we may describe to you, with your consent, or as otherwise permitted or required by law. We may share de-identified or aggregated data for any purpose, unless prohibited by law.
5. Your Choices And Your Privacy Rights
You can opt out of receiving our marketing emails. To stop receiving marketing and investment emails, use the “unsubscribe” or “Manage Preferences” links and follow the instructions. Please note that our marketing and investment email lists are managed separately. If you want to opt-out of both emails, you will need to opt-out of each separately. Even if you opt out of marketing emails, we will still send you transactional messages. These include responses to your requests and questions.
You can control certain cookies and tracking tools. We may use "cookies" to help you personalize your online experience when using the Services. A cookie is a text file that is placed on your hard disk by a web page server. Cookies cannot be used to run programs or deliver viruses to your computer. Cookies are uniquely assigned to you, and can only be read by a web server in the domain that issued the cookie to you.
You have the ability to accept or decline cookies. Most Web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. If you choose to decline cookies, you may not be able to fully experience the interactive features of the Services, and not all of the tracking describe in this Policy will stop.
Below, we’ve described various additional ways you can control or delete cookies.
· Your browser or device may give you the ability to control cookies or other tracking tools. How you do so depends on the browser. The following links offer instructions for certain browsers: Chrome; Firefox; Internet Explorer / Edge; Opera; Safari.
· We use Google Analytics on our Services, and to opt out of tracking of analytics by Google, go to https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
You can control tools on your mobile devices. You can reject permissions or turn off notifications on your phone. You can delete our applications.
Do Not Track. Some browsers have “do not track” features that allow you to tell a website not to track you. These features are not all uniform. We do not currently respond to all of those signals.
We use standard security measures, but the Internet is not 100% secure. We cannot promise that your use of our Services will be completely safe. We encourage you to use caution when using the Internet. This includes not sharing your passwords.
7. Retention Period
We will retain information for as long as it is reasonably needed or permitted in light of the purposes for which we collected it. We also retain information as required by law. The criteria we use to determine our retention policies include the length of our relationship with you, your requests, your continued use of our Services, ongoing obligations such as contracts and services, and our legal obligations.
Our Services are meant for adults. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13 without permission from a parent or guardian. While we cannot stop a child from accessing our Services, we do not collect any personal information without making it clear that the person providing the information must be at least 13 years old. If you are a parent or guardian and believe your child under 13 has provided us personal information which you would like to review or request be deleted, or you have questions about our Services collecting personal information from children, please contact us at email@example.com.
9. Third-Party Sites, Apps, And Services
If you click on a third-party link, you will be taken to a site, app, service, or platform we do not control. This Policy does not apply to the privacy practices of that third party. Our Policy also does not apply to the privacy practices of our customers and clients, such as insurance companies and repair facilities. Read other companies’ privacy policies carefully. We are not responsible for these third parties.
10. Social Media
Dentologie is on social media. If you use social media sites with public account settings and you tag Dentologie or use the #Dentologie, we will be able to see and pull your media and reviews from the social media sites where you posted them, and we may post them to our own sites or accounts, or on the sites or accounts of our affiliated doctors. Before we post this content on our own sites or accounts, we will review it. Please do not use our hashtags if you do not wish for your content or reviews to be made available on our sites or accounts.
By posting or otherwise making available any content about your Dentologie experience on a public social media platform, and responding “yes” if we ask for your permission to re-post content on our own sites or accounts, including but not limited to: TikTok (https://tiktok.com/@dentologie) and (https://firstname.lastname@example.org_) Facebook (https://facebook.com/dentologie), Twitter (https://twitter.com/dentologiechi), Instagram (https://instagram.com/dentologie), and others, you represent and warrant that you are thirteen (13) years of age or older and that you agree to the terms and conditions listed on our page on those websites.
If a parent, guardian, or anyone else becomes aware of user-generated content shared from an individual under the age of thirteen (13) without adult consent, please email us at email@example.com.
11. Data Transfer
We and the third parties we work with may transfer your information to, or store or access it in, jurisdictions that may not provide the same level of data protection as your home jurisdiction. We will take steps so that your personal information receives an adequate level of protection in the jurisdictions in which we process it.
12. Changes to this Policy
This Policy may be amended from time to time at Dentologie’s discretion. You will be notified by email of any material changes to this Policy as required by law. We will also post an updated version on our Services. Please check our Services periodically for updates.
13. Contact us
For any questions or concerns you have about this Policy, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. You can call us at (312) 846-6752 or write us at 1259 S. Wabash Ave, Chicago, IL 60605.